Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Store & Forward is it possible to not forward the log file

I have a UCMDB 10 Store & Forward application running on my server to forward the scan files from my manual scanners to the Incoming folder of a probe server. The forwarding sends both the .xsf and the .log files to the Incoming folder. This causes the probe-error.log to fill up with entries such as:

[ERROR] [qtp1971188150-58] (UploadScansServlet.java:43) - Bad request, invalid file name!

Is it possible to configure the store & forward server to only send the .xsf and avoid the error?

Or, is it possible to copy the behavior from DDMI and copy the .log files to the logs folder as it appears to no longer be used in UCMDB.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Store & Forward is it possible to not forward the log file

Good afternoon John,

Thank you for share this question.

According to my findings, the Store & Forward feature is comming mainly from DDMi product. Seems the steps for configure it are pretty much the same.

So, based on that, i was digging on the S&F configuration and found this options:

[BaseDirectories]
dataDir=C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\DDMI S&F\
incomingDir=C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\DDMI S&F\Incoming\

I know this direcotries are from DDMi product, but i am taking them as example. So, my guess is your configuration file has this two properties with the same value (Incomming folder on the probe).

I am using this manualfor your guidance:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1094931

Please, check that and let me know.

Regards,

HC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Yes, I have configured the store and forward server as instructed in the manual. My issue is that both the .xsf and .log file are copied to the incoming folder of the probe server.

I would like the probe server to move the .log file out of the incoming folder to the log folder.

Or,

Configure the store and forward server to not copy the .log file and instead send it to the trash or another location to be handled.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

John;

This sounds like a defect if it is working this way when configured.  You should open a case so we can submit it to R&D.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

OK, thanks for the reply Keith I'll open a ticket.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello John,

If the log is not been used what you could do would be to disable to creation of the log on the scanner configuration, that way the file is not sent to the server.

In any case the log file does get stored on the scan file. and the log would ne only usefull if the scanner fails 

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I want the log to be created as it is a useful tool for the local administrator to look in to troubleshoot issues with the scan file. Because of the log file they will know when the last time the scanner was ran and files uploaded.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.