Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Strange error

HI Everyone,

I am on ucmdb version 10.32. 

I am running a job Host connection by shell and in that in some of the CIT i am getting the below error.Could anyone explain me what does it mean.

<< Progress message, Severity: Error>>
Failed executing script, details: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "xmlutils", line 4, in <module>
File "post_import_hooks", line 38, in _post_import_notifier_fn
File "post_import_hooks", line 27, in __import_and_notify
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\xml\dom\__init__.py", line 226, in <module>
import MessageSource
File "post_import_hooks", line 38, in _post_import_notifier_fn
File "post_import_hooks", line 27, in __import_and_notify
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\xml\dom\MessageSource.py", line 21, in <module>
_ = get_translator("dom")
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\xml\FtCore.py", line 54, in get_translator
f = gettext.translation('4Suite', locale_dir).gettext
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\xml\FtCore.py", line 54, in get_translator
f = gettext.translation('4Suite', locale_dir).gettext
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\gettext.py", line 465, in translation
mofiles = find(domain, localedir, languages, all=1)
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\gettext.py", line 437, in find
for nelang in _expand_lang(lang):
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\gettext.py", line 132, in _expand_lang
locale = normalize(locale)
File "D:\hp\UCMDB\DataFlowProbe\jython\Lib\locale.py", line 365, in normalize
localename = localename.encode('ascii')
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\x90' in position 9: ordinal not in range(128)

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Strange error

After posting here i observe that it was with only one probe so restarted all the ucmdb services of probe and after that the error was not detected.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.