I would like to change the reconciliation for switch to use "by key attributes"

snmp name,

dns name,

discoveredModel,

discoveredOSVersion

discoveredOSName,

discoveredVendor,

only the loopback IP address

When I try to select everything except all but the loopback I get "Action Not Allowed - Key Attributes must be unique"

Even when this is complete I am not sure how to limit the comparison to just the loopback address.

It seems the the OOB capability is the same as node and uses "Inherit From Parent" with the following criteria

OS identifiers include:
  * Name
  * 66% of their IP Addresses'
  * 66% of their IP Addresses' Authoritative DNS Name
  * Net Bios Name
  * SNMP System Name

Hardware identifiers include:
  * 66% match of their Interfaces' MAC Addresses
  * BIOS Serial Number
  * BIOS UUID
  * Serial Number
  * BIOS Asset Tag

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello kedemk,

Just received a response from our Experts, and have instructed such changes are highly not recommended.

As a solution I strongly recommend to open a Support Ticket with us,  to better assist you, and try to understand why the existing reconciliation rules are not working in your environment.

Thank you,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello Kedemk,

Changing the reconcilation rules is not recommended.

However, I will be bringing your inquiry to the attention of our R&D personnel for further assistance, and provide you with their feedback as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello kedemk,

Just received a response from our Experts, and have instructed such changes are highly not recommended.

As a solution I strongly recommend to open a Support Ticket with us,  to better assist you, and try to understand why the existing reconciliation rules are not working in your environment.

Thank you,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.