Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The Tql result of the view is too large to handle

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my view, I have 1003 Unix devices and 28667 OS Users related with it.

But I can't see my report it gives the below error:

"Failed to load report: SystemUsers

The Tql result of the view is too large to handle"

How can I increase, if there is a value?

Thanks.

Best regards.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..
can you check this setting in Infra mananger "Maximum number of elements in TQL result of view" Try increasing this value and see.
Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..
can you check this setting in Infra mananger "Maximum number of elements in TQL result of view" Try increasing this value and see.
Regards
Puneet

If you find this reply helpful, Click the KUDOS button on the bottom to say 'Thanks'

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

@PuneetS wrote:

Unfortunately, this didn't work.

It was 30000, I made it 50000.

I have the same error.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Best regards.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Looks like you have one OS related to many users (which is normal), however a simple math tells me that report can contain max 1003x28667 rows which is too huge. Try to increase this setting "TQL Group Report Result Size" - if it doesn't work then you might have to break your TQL in small chunks.
Regards
Puneet

Highlighted
Absent Member..

After I made the value from 50000 to 5000000, it solved.

Thanks.

Best regards.
Highlighted
Absent Member..
Nice to hear that your error is resolved. CHEERS!
Regards
Puneet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am getting the same error. My Error message is ' the tql result of the view is too large to handle "30000" '

Can you tell me where exactly do I need to make the changes in Infrastructure settings. My BSM verison is 9.25 and I see the CI limit value ( Limits the total number of CIs used in CI Resolution. Keeping the number of CIs to a minimum is highly recommended. This is achieved by ignoring CI types and attributes that are not required for CI resolution. To reduce the number of CIs used for CI Resolution, use ignore lists in the "Cache Modification Configuration" setting. Alternatively, create a dedicated TQL query to select only the required CI types and specify this TQL query in the "TQL Queries" setting)   is set as 200000.

Please do let me know what can I do fix this issue?

Thanks,

Nitesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I have APM 9.3 and I was able to update the TQL result number from 30000 to 300000.

Here is the setting

Admin -> Platform ->setup and maintenance ->  infrastructure settings

Select foundation radio button, pick RTSM in the drop-down list

Go down to the page to RTSM- View Settings section

I changed the 2nd option "Maximun number of elements (nodes) in TQL result for view to 300000.

Hope this helps. 

Rufeng
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.