Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Too many objects for report

Has anyone come up with a simple solution to build a view of, say "Unix systems with Installed Software" and successfully run the reports?

The issue is shown in attachment.

I know that there is a limit as to what will appear in a report. But I have Audit that wants us to give them a list of all our servers with all installed software in order to determine security risk, etc....

I even break down the systems to only 68 systems and still can't run the report.

Any suggestions?

Roger
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Too many objects for report

Just an idea, but you could limit the view to software that is not part of the OS - presumably the kernel and release version of OS is sufficient for the audit, and it is other rpms that they are interested in ?

Should be possible to add something like 'NOT DiscoveredVendor like '%RedHat%" '  - or whatever OS you have ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Could you give them the UCMDB Browser, or limited access to UCMDB to view the report directly instead of exporting it?

Keith P
HP Support

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Have you tried to create a perspective view?

I have attached some screenshot, let me know if that help.

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have given them this but for audit they need to see everything in a report to crunch the numbers.

Roger
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I like the idea, but I still have the same issue. When I go to run the report it's telling me I have too many objects. I have included a screen shot of build

Roger
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.