Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Topology Reports - template view with drop down list parameter values

Jump to solution

I'm trying to create a Topology Report from a Template View that has a drop down list for the user to select a parameter value from; however I'm only able to create an input box for the user to type the parameter value in.  Ideally, the drop down list would be populated from a query.

The Custom Reports have the drop down lists in them, the Application Breakdown Report for example has a list of countries to select from, which then populates the states and cities drop down boxes accordingly, but I can’t find these reports to see how they did it.

As a workaround I’ve created a web page where you can select the parameters first and then view the report from a generated link. 

Thanks,

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I've created a Business Service for each application we have, the Service name is the parameter I'm passing.  The template holds all the queries I want to apply to the ci's in the service, sort of like a perspective view.   This keeps me from having to create and save a report for each Service (application), I just have to create the Service now.  

Thanks for the quick response. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..
This is in UCMDB 10
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

It sounds as enhancement request for me. Please raise support case and we'll create ER and hopefully will provide you with some kind of workaround.

What the parameter that you sending is?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I've created a Business Service for each application we have, the Service name is the parameter I'm passing.  The template holds all the queries I want to apply to the ci's in the service, sort of like a perspective view.   This keeps me from having to create and save a report for each Service (application), I just have to create the Service now.  

Thanks for the quick response. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.