Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Tuning installed software

We are running integrations from UCMDB to Asset Manager.  There are a large number of software titles that we do not manage in asset manager.  We get an error in the fcmdb.push.all.log about   ERROR [AdHoc:AD_HOC_TASK_PATTERN_ID-163292-1570203011743] - >> The software title with Inventory Key value [Some unmanaged software title] has been ignored since the invent model record doesn't exists in AM.  Is there a easy way to not even attempt to send unmanaged software titles to AM?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Tuning installed software

Gary,

I've done it but it's not an easy way. I had to rewrite the AM Push scripts and mapping XML files. I still bring in all the software titles in UCMDB to the AM Inventory Model (amInventModel) table to be managed. I can then normalize to a final software model or set to a not managed software model. Then when the software is pushed to the Installed Software (amSoftInstall) table it is either ignored or Insert / Updated based on the final model linked in the Inventory Model table.

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.