Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB 10.10 and LDAP Mapping (Active Directory) Issue - assign roles to external user

Hello experts,

I assigned some roles to external user from AD. The assigned roles reset each time when I login under external user. I don't have such problem with internal users.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: UCMDB 10.10 and LDAP Mapping (Active Directory) Issue - assign roles to external user

Please check your mapping via JMX-Console ->service=LDAP Services. Method: getLDAPGroupMappings.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB 10.10 and LDAP Mapping (Active Directory) Issue - assign roles to external user

Thank you for answer, 

Mapping LDAP group to UCMDB group in JMX-Console is OK. I have been problem with "Assigned Roles" pane in "Users and Groups" module for an external users.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

So, do you have specific Role assign to a specifc  group?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Sorry for my English.

I created test group and assigned OOTB Viewer role.

In the attached picture you can see the external user with assigned role "admin" and Inherited role "Viewer". Role 'admin'  disappear after the external user login. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.