Highlighted
Contributor.. Contributor..
Contributor..

UCMDB 10.10 will not start after uninstalling Configuration Manager

Hi

I had a running environment with two UCMDB 10.10 servers and a third server with Configuration Manager.

I wanted to uninstall Configuration Manager, so I did that and dropped the Configuration Manager database as well.

To make sure I was working on a clean UCMDB database, I also dropped the UCMDB database.

I then ran the UCMDB Configuration Wizard to redeploy the database. I then configured the second UCMDB server to the connect to the new database.

I then started the first UCMDB server, waited until /status showed all components/services was started and then I started the second UCMDB server.

I entered JMX console and installed my licenses.

I am now unable to login to UCMDB, the GUI just shows "Internal Server Error Occured", on this page http://myserver:8080/ucmdb-ui/login_page.jsp.

(I will be a happy to add logfiles if that will help).

Kind regards

Jacob

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB 10.10 will not start after uninstalling Configuration Manager

Hi Jacob,

error.log would be nice.
Your procedure of installing looks ok.
Only 1 thing I would have done differently:
Install 1st server connect do DB and start server. Only then connect second server and start it. I am not sure if this could have caused the issue. I am also running HA in my environment.

Regards,
Nick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi jacob 

Please check your server error logs if you are getting error massage like cmdb username or password is wrong ??

Vicky

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Hi Vicky, you were right. The error.log is filled with these entries: 2014-09-16 13:17:06,903 [CmdbLifeCycleManager periodic customers detection] (CmdbConnectorImpl.java:167) ERROR - User name or password are wrong - failed to login on UCMDB
2014-09-16 13:17:09,929 [CmdbLifeCycleManager periodic customers detection] (CmdbConnectorImpl.java:167) ERROR - User name or password are wrong - failed to login on UCMDB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor..

Vicky, as I wrote, the error.log is full of entries with wrong username or password. What is the rootcause and how can I solve it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are two out-of-the-box system users; it is recommended to change their passwords after installation using the changeSystemUserPassword method.
sysadmin/sysadmin
UISysadmin/UISysadmin (This user is also the Super Integration User SuperIntegrationUser).
If you change the UISysadmin password using changeSystemUserPassword, you must execute the following method: in the JMX Console, locate the UCMDB-UI:name=UCMDB Integration service. Run
setCMDBSuperIntegrationUser with the user name and new password of the integration user.

After carrying out the procedure above, users should be able again to login.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.