Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

UCMDB 10.11 - RFC federation really slow - a feature or a fault?

Dear colleagues, I'm building up a ticket federation from Service Manager 9.34 to UCMDB 10.11. I've done enum list customizations like categories, phases etc. in a way KB docs advice.

Incident federation is quite snappy, in my test query (in UCMDB) the query takes ~3 seconds. But, the RFC federation lasts almost nine minutes. Please see the log file below: (fcmdb.ftql.audit.log)

2015-03-05 11:53:38,264  INFO   [qtp312621029-98]  [247560197]   Execution Of Federated Pattern "getRelatedInDb"                                  : Total(521 751 ms), Result:[ Objects = 42   , Links = 115   ], Unify[ Time = 125    ms], Calculation( 2 ):[ UCMDB( Time = 15    ms  Objects = 24     Links = 25    )  UCMDB/SM UCMDB connection( Time = 521611ms  Objects = 19     Links = 90    )   ]

I'm not an UCMDB expert, but my gut feeling is that this simple RFC query should not take that long. The count of open RFC tickets is ~1000 tickets, so it should not be a dedious task. (There are no Change Tasks in SM environment.)

What are the debugging options to dig further what's wrong with the query? Or other tips/means to improve RFC retrieval speed are welcome!

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.