NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UCMDB 10.11 using Asset Manager Push Adapter (version 9.4) - Location CI Data to AM

Hi there,

I actually work at HP coding against UCMDB.  I would like to modify the an out of the box installation of Asset Mananger 9.4 such that the AM Integratiion point sends Location CI data in addition to the data that is already send to my Asset Manager instance.

I would like to take the Location data and send it to the Asset Manager.  

I have not see much documenation on customizing the default Asset Manager Push Adapter installation.  Most of thes progress I have made so far has been due to experimentation and luck ;o)

So, this is where I am at:  Referencing, what I believe to be, the default UCMDB installation of the package (AMAdapter.zip) I have created a new TQL "AM Location Push" of which is very simple ... it queries UCMDB for Location CI data, specifically Asset -> Node -> System Enclosure -> Location.  I opted to create this TQL myself because the existing TQLs did not send location data.

Within the UCMDB Data Flow Management tab, under Integration Studio, I have created an Integration Point named "ITAM".  Out of the box, with zero mofidications, this works great...pushing discovered asset CIs to my Asset Manager instance.   I "believe" what I am to do is add my new AM Location Push TQL reference and edit the Integration Job.  And so, when I attempt this the UCMDB GUI presents me with a "No resources found - There are no resources for queries [AM Location Push]".  This is due to the fact that I do not have an XML named the same as my TQL placed in the correct location on the UCMDB server and with the correct configuration of which describes to the install the location of this custom resource file.

I have created the XML and guessed where I believe it should be located however I am certain I need to record the location of this XML file in a configuration file somewhere.  Essentially this is my problem, I cannot find documentation that describes "how" to do this or even "if" I should be doing this.

Has anyone done anything like this before, and am I headed in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Don

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.