Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

UCMDB 10 high availability versus failover

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been spending some time thinking how to best fulfill the company's need to have a resilient and well-responsive UCMDB 10.01 system. Initially I went in the direction of a reader-writer based setup with two servers behind a load balancer. However at this point I keep thinking of the failover mechanism, where one server is active and one is passive, to add something like this to the mix. Could you please tell me if this is a choice? Is it either HA or DR, or can both be used together? Should I be thinking of a reader-writer setup times 2? Or is every server in the cluster to be set up redundantly?

The documentation (at least what I have here in front of me) is not clear on this.

Thanks,

Rutger

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: UCMDB 10 high availability versus failover

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can't, actually, choose implementation of HA in UCMDB.

UCMDB 9.X and 10.0 were running with active-passive configuration.

Starting from 10.01 and north UCMDB is running with one writer (the one who right in the DB) and at least one reader. In the configuration both servers will be answering on requests from LB. So , be aware that LB need to be reconfigured to "round-robin" with moving to 10.01.

If you have any concerns regarding design on HA please open support case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

You can't, actually, choose implementation of HA in UCMDB.

UCMDB 9.X and 10.0 were running with active-passive configuration.

Starting from 10.01 and north UCMDB is running with one writer (the one who right in the DB) and at least one reader. In the configuration both servers will be answering on requests from LB. So , be aware that LB need to be reconfigured to "round-robin" with moving to 10.01.

If you have any concerns regarding design on HA please open support case.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Dima,

Thanks. Your remark regarding the change in high availability support starting at 10.01 was the one I was looking for.

Best,

Rutger

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.