Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

UCMDB 2019.05 and User Help

Spoiler
After installing UCMDB, I just noticed that Help points the docs.microfocus.com rather than to internal to the system.  Was this a planned or unplanned change?  Is it modifiable on the system.  Our UCMDB does not have internet access so the URL is not accessible and Help is of no help.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB 2019.05 and User Help

We have documented how to have some documentation online.

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Universal_CMDB:2019.05/NaviHelp

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: UCMDB 2019.05 and User Help

Bogdan,

Your modifications changed the URL, but then pops-up with requiring credential, which it shouldn't, but worse is that it doesn't accept the credentials provided.  I have enabled TLS for login, so it shouldn't require a login and I also have enable LDAP.  Regardless of the login mechanism, it doesn't like the credentials.  The login configuration for local user, takes my credentials, but when I then provide the same credentials as I just logged in with, it rejects the login.

UCMDB broke the help in 10.3X.  I can still get to help with PKI/TLS login on 10.22, without being prompted for user/password.  In 10.33, I get prompted, but the login takes.  In 2019.05 (11.XX), I am prompted, but credentials are not taken (whether logged as an internal user or PKI/TLS where no login is needed.

I even tried to use UISysadmin, admin and sysadmin users don't work.  The pop-up is Windows Security.  The message is "The server <my UCMDB server> is asking for your user name and password.  The server reports that it is User Realm.

Mel

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.