Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB 9.05 migration to UD 10.10.

Hey guys, thanks for holding the forumn.

A project I'm working on will soon need to migrate off the near-EOL UCMDB 9.x platform. I've done migrations from 9.x -> 10.x in the past, but this team manages their infra differently. I've seen & read the upgrade docs, but still have a couple questions:

1) This team will not be using uda to populate discovered inventory data (or any other agent.) I suspect that the DB sizing in the migration docs is based on the assumption that it is being used, how can I best size the Ora DB for UD10 is it is not using any of the scanners, uda discovery, and has a very low # of CIs (~50-100K)?

2) During the migration, my team is concerned about losing CIs. The best approach that I've been able to come up with to avoid this is: build fresh DB for UD10, create an integration, pull in data, then get rid of the UCMDB9x DB. Does that sound like the best approach? I'll be using the same servers for UD10 app & DB to run UD10, as is currently runnign 9.x.

3) Any gotchas?

Thanks in advance,

--Shawn

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.