Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UCMDB API, connecting with certificate credentials

Hi

When connecting using the method UcmdbServiceProvider.connect, there is a Credentials parameter.

I see two choices:

1. UcmdbServiceProvider.createCredentials which takes userName and password
  2. UcmdbServiceProvider.createCertificateCredentials which takes keystore and keystore password

The first method works fine for me. The second method leads to an InvalidCredentialsException. The message is "Authentication failed" which doesn't tell me much. So I looked through the server logs, in particular the file cmdb.authentication.audit.log. And I found that a null user was supplied in the authentication request. The entries for logging in with the first method showed the user having the value I supplied as userName in the parameter.

So I gather that for the second method, the user also needs to be specified somehow. That makes sense because different user might want to use the API. But I can't figure out how to pass that information in.

Can anybody please tell me how to solve this?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Community Feedback & Suggestions to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UCMDB API, connecting with certificate credentials

Here are the entries from the log (with some identifying details changed). It appears clear that the user needs to be specified.

2014-04-02 15:52:56,999 [qtp937416545-7051] - User admin authentication request in non interactive flow has been passed. Caller application name:Rasmus_XX_test,loggedInUser:{admin}
2014-04-02 18:33:32,058 [qtp1426387658-82] - User null authentication request in non interactive flow has been failed as user has not been found. Caller application name:XX_access

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

I wasn't able to find examples for createCertificateCredentials method. Would you mind raising support case for it?

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
Highlighted
Visitor.

I'm having similar issue with UCMDB 10.10.

Mutual certificate authentication for sdk is failing. I'm jusing selfsigned certificates.

Did anyone get it working?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.