Highlighted
New Member.

UCMDB-BSM-OMU Integration question

hi all

we have OMU, BSM/OMi 9.26 & UCMDB 10.0x in our enviroment OMU is directly integrated wth BSM and all servers being monitored by OMU also have UD agent for discovery,  we also have  UCMDB- BSM push integration. now my question is CI's will be created from both tools OMU & UCMDB what is best way to reconcile them ? i feel reconcileation should be done in CMS insted of RTSM is it right approch ? if yes do i need to change UCMDB-BSM integration to both push/pull two way method ?

TIA

regards

Shri

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: UCMDB-BSM-OMU Integration question

HI Shri

I am not sure this is best, but when you have more than one CI data source, you can think about Central CMDB conception.

You can find out the relevant knowledge from UCMDB online help chapter: Integrating Multiple CMDBs Overview.

The simplest way to confirm whether your RTSM reconciliation is working or not is open its log. In the cmdb.reconciliation.log you will know the reconciliation is working or not when the Cis come into RTSM.

BR
Dong-xu

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.