Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

UCMDB Browser- Discovery Progress

I would like to use the UCMDB Browser to initiate the inventory by scanner job for certain servers but the job does not show up in the list.  Is it possible to trigger a new discovery job from within the UCMDB browser?  Secondly, not sure why this inventory by scanner is not triggering properly when the device clearly has a UD agent and the host connection by shell job has completed.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UCMDB Browser- Discovery Progress

Hi RRose,

UCMDB Browser is still being developed and I wouldn't use it for Discovery. It's not there yet. 

To understand why the Inventory by Scanner is not starting you have to check:

1. Is the trigger query returning the node in question?

2. Do you have the necessary UDA credentials configured?

3. Is the scheduler configured to trigger immediately on detection of new CIs?

4. Can you trigger the inventory scanner manually?

5. Do you have communication log?

6. Are the IPs in the range of the domain/zone or credentials scope where you have configured the Inventory scanner?

If you find this answer helpful, please support me by clicking the thumbs up.

Regards,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance UCMDB Consultant

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Bob,

to add to what Petko provided, we have in Browser (or New UI in UCMDB 11.x) the option to run ASM which is a spiral discovery approach. This is a discoveruy flow but not in the legacy way. There was never the intent to add to ASM the option to run Inventory by scanner because it's outside of the spiral discovery logic.

Let's say that in theory you could run Inventory from Browser. This would still be somehow useless. You would see the results too late and won't be relevant to the Service Model that you are trying to build.

For the UDA/shell Inventory issue, try to see what credentials_id you have for that host/IP.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks for the quick responses.  I will check these items out and let you know what I find.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.