Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

UCMDB Browser Permissions

Jump to solution

Dear all,

I'd like to provide our UCMDB Browser(Version 2.2 | UCMDB 10.01) to a couple of users rather than giving them CMDB access. UCMDB is connected to ldap.

Is there any easy way to provide the browser to a select number of people(I don't want to have everyone access it though) - but restrict them in making changes or using modelling features from the browser?

I'd rather not udpate to 10.10 at this point - I do remember 10.10 having some UCMDB access control options though(dont quote me on that 🙂

regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: UCMDB Browser Permissions

Jump to solution
Found it for 10.01(and probably 9.x):
1) Create a group, f.e. UCMDB_Browser_Users
2) Map an LDAP Group to this group.
3) Administration, Infrastructure Settings, UCMDB Browser Settings
Enable LDAP group configuration True If true, only users from the group specified in the LDAP group setting will be granted access to the application. In case the setting is false, all users will pe permitted access. Note: This setting is relevant for UCMDB-9.x only Login

True List of LDAP group (groups) UCMDB_Browser_Users If at least one group is defined, only the users from that LDAP group will be granted access to the application. Note: This setting is relevant for UCMDB-9.x only Login

Users of this group can now only Login to the Browser but not to UCMDB directly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello bkserver,

There is an enhancement requestet  "QCCR1H87594 uCMDB Browser access restriction should be possible when using LDA" however it is still open and I was not able to access from SSO (just internal)

In the new ucmdb-browser 3.0 release notes indicates:

What's new in this release?

This release contains the following new features:

l

CI Access Control. The UCMDB Browser can be accessed and used by the vast majority of IT

users across your organization. The UCMDB now enables detailed control over which CIs a

user is authorized to view and edit. Browser CI Access Control allows UCMDB administrators

to control not only which CIs a user may view, but also which CIs a user may edit (via the

Properties widget) or model (via the Modeling tab). CI Access Control is easily configured via

UCMDB views.

ucmdb Support Matrix for Browser 3.0 indicates:

Product Integrations

Product Name Supported Version

UCMDB 9.0x and later

UCMDB Configuration Manager 9.0x and later

BSM 9.12 and later

Service Manager According to UCMDB integration support - 9.30 and 9.31

Enterprise Collaboration 1.01

ALM 11

Enterprise View 1

Operations Orchestration 9.04

However, like you mentioned, it said also in the functionality section of the Support Matrix that

Browser CI Access Control 10.10 requires a minimal ucmdb server version 10.10

I will find out more details on the QCCR1H87594 and update the thread.

Best Regards,

Juan

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution
Found it for 10.01(and probably 9.x):
1) Create a group, f.e. UCMDB_Browser_Users
2) Map an LDAP Group to this group.
3) Administration, Infrastructure Settings, UCMDB Browser Settings
Enable LDAP group configuration True If true, only users from the group specified in the LDAP group setting will be granted access to the application. In case the setting is false, all users will pe permitted access. Note: This setting is relevant for UCMDB-9.x only Login

True List of LDAP group (groups) UCMDB_Browser_Users If at least one group is defined, only the users from that LDAP group will be granted access to the application. Note: This setting is relevant for UCMDB-9.x only Login

Users of this group can now only Login to the Browser but not to UCMDB directly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.