Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

UCMDB Browser with RTSM (OMi)

Dear all,

as my thread from yesterday obviously has been deleted without any comment, I will have to put this up again. Please, if this is the wrong sub-forum, MOVE it to the correct one but don't delte it without any warning or comment...

Ok, here we go again:

I have a UCMDB Browser 4.14, which is connected to the RTSM of OMi 10.62 (which is a UCMDB 10.33). It's working fine and is doing as expected.

But there is one thing, which is NOT working: I have to modify the RankingConfiguration of the UCMDB Browser, which normally is being done by using the JMX-Console -> Topology Search Services -> editRankingConfiguration. Normally (meaning: when working with a standalone UCMDB), invoking this method with the correct customer, brings up a pane, where the underlying XML can be modified.

Doing the same thing with the RTSM, just brings back an error:

01_UCMDB Customers.PNG

02_Edit Ranking Error.PNG

Questions: Is this part of the UCMDB Browser configuration supported and possible somehow?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: UCMDB Browser with RTSM (OMi)

Hi Tobi

So did you manage to make it work ?

if yes then could you please share what did you done, I am curious 🙂

Best Regards

Yasser

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Yasser,

Well, actually it is working partially: The connection from UCMDB Brwoser to the RTSM (OMi) was working from the beginning, meaning the search itself etc.

When analyzing the logfiles, we could see, that in direct comparison to a standalone UCMDB the configuration files for the Indexer, Parser and Ranking were missing completely. So we took them out of a out-of-the-box standalone UCMDB and put them into the system by using the JMX-Console:

UCMDB:service=URM Services --> addRessource

sourceType                                          | XML

Topology_INDEXER_CONFIGURATION    - indexer.xml
Topology_PARSER_CONFIGURATION      - parser.xml
Topology_RANKING_CONFIGURATION    - ranking.xml

Afterwards, the configurations can be modified by the JMX-Console.

However, I am not sure, if the configurations are really used, though they are now in the system. I am still testing this.

0 Likes
Highlighted

As already imnplied in my last message: Though the configurations were in the system, they were not really used, as the enhanced search engine is not part of the RTSM (OMi) - even it contains a UCMDB 10.33.

We finally made it, a general approach/solution is described here: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/UCMDB-and-UD-Practitioners-Forum/UCMDB-Browser-No-Suggestions-in-Quick-Search/m-p/1618965

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.