Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB DB Settings

Hi,

I need some information with respect to the Oracle Database settings of UCMDB 10.01.

1. Does tables and indexes going to same tablespace?

2.Size of data generated and manipulated / day?

3.Number of average app connections / database instance?

4.Is application can amend database connection method (odbc/jdbc) to include 2 service IPs (from DB servers) as we are planning to split databases between 2 active-active cluster nodes?

5.Transaction frequency - I/O intensity?Rate 1 for Highest, 5 for lowest

6.Any specific Redo log sizing in MB?

Please let me know these settings.

Thanks & Regards

Ashok

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: UCMDB DB Settings

Dear Ashok,

I'd recommend you to start from attached DB Guide document.

Here are some answers:

1. Not sure

2. It 's depend on types of Discovery jobs * amount of destinations

3. Connection pull is configurable. Default value is 100.

4. Only JDBC is in use. Replacing of JDBC version by the customer isn't supported. Oracle RAC is supported. Check DB Guide.

5. I guess 1 or 2, but it's all subjective. 

6. Should be in attached document, again it's all depend on the customer usage pattern.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB DB Settings

Hi Ashok,

1. Does tables and indexes going to same tablespace?

Ans : In usual database standard, these will be in the same table space.

2.Size of data generated and manipulated / day?

Ans : this is very difficult to answer, it all depends how much you do the discovery and how frequently you are using the discover, which operation users do ..

3.Number of average app connections / database instance?

Ans :  Are you asking how many connections to the ucmdb datbase is being maintained by the ucmdb applciation ?

4.Is application can amend database connection method (odbc/jdbc) to include 2 service IPs (from DB servers) as we are planning to split databases between 2 active-active cluster nodes?

Ans :  Please refer the database guide, which talks about various options and configuration supported.  If you are referring some thing like RAC, then documents should answer this.

5.Transaction frequency - I/O intensity?Rate 1 for Highest, 5 for lowest

Ans : If discovery is running, then I feel there will be transctions. So it all depends upon your frequncey of the discovery.

6.Any specific Redo log sizing in MB?

Ans : I think, database guide, provides details about the probable size detaisl.

if not all, hope it answers few things.

With Regards

Raveendra

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.