Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB-DR replication- need inputs

Hi Team,

I hae below doubt and need your inputs on the same.

UCMDB10.10 CP13.3 and CUP 3 have been implementated in DC setup. It is installed on VM server and all probes have been installed on VMs only.

I want to know can we replicate the VM instance image in DR to avoid repeat efforts of installation.

Please let me know the the possibility and if yes then please mention all steps.
Need your urgent attention on this.
Regards,
Nick

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UCMDB-DR replication- need inputs

Hello Nick ,

I hope you are doing well .

This is not a UCMDB issue.

I would like to recommend you to contact your system administrator department. They will help you with this procedure .

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But I am not looking for the solution on how to implment VM instane of ucmdb in DR  setup but I want to know whether it is possible to load UCMDB VM instance in DR setup?? and IF YES , then what changes I need to consider to properly connect to database and data flow probe.

There are TIPaddress and hostname need to change in properties file.

So pease consult with you senir and let me know this can be done or not ???OR else I need to g for installation UCMDB serrver and Probes in DR setup too.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Nick;

I would make sure the database is fault tolerant, and put a load balancer in front of UCMDB, point the probes to this and set up a 2nd instance of UCMDB that uses the same UCMDB database.  This is documented in the deployment guide.  I would not clone the VMWare instance to another VM and use that.

Hope this helps,
Keith Paschal
UCMDB Worldwide Support Lead
Micro Focus Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.