Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

UCMDB Database on Virtual Server

All,

I'm looking for experiences configuring the UCMDB database to run on a virtual server.  I'm aware that the documentation recommends a physical server, however circumstances at my company dictate that we go virtual if at all possible.

This is a fairly comprehensive solution with approximately 20 probes doing UDI, Virtualization, Cloud, and Network discovery. 

What are the reasons for recommending physical?  How about if we increase the resources on the virtual?

Thanks for the responses.

Bob

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UCMDB Database on Virtual Server

Simple answer: the DB latency is a key factor when handling performance degradation and you canțt put an SSD drive on a VM. Maybe you can deploy a VM on a ESX with SSD but it's not the same.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.