Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

UCMDB Discovery on Migrated environment

Hi Experts,

In my environment due to datacenter migration all the IPs of the host going to be changed with a new infrastructure and only the hostname stays the same. I would like to know what will be the impact to the CIs discovered already if we do the rediscovery on the new environment, will the new Ipaddress get merge to the host if it’s find the hostname or will it create a new host Since the infrastructure going to be new and all the host reconciliation attributes will also change except the hostname.

Could you please suggest me any best practice to follow in this scenario.. Whether to discover new environment with the existing data and allow the reconciliation to do the job of merge and create the CIs and allow aging to delete the cis which are not touched.. Or to do the fresh discovery removing all the old data.

Regards,
James

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UCMDB Discovery on Migrated environment

Hi James,

We suggest to create a new host Since the infrastructure going to be new .

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: UCMDB Discovery on Migrated environment

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the response, you mean to remove all old data and to do the fresh discovery?

Regards,

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.