Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

UCMDB - Import from CSV trouble

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

probably I'm posting a dumb question ...
After host discovering I need to add supplemental information that discovery is not able to retrieve like Accounting data.
To do that I added a new attribute manually and made a new import job based on the out-of-the-box sample csv import.

The csv file has 2 columns:
0:host_key, 1:cespite

ciType is "host"

for every row in file column 0 is mac-address obtained from previous host discovery.

Running the job I get success but host CIs are not update.

Is it possible from the csv file adding a value to a previous discovered object, or is possible create a new one only ?

Thanks for your answer

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UCMDB - Import from CSV trouble

Jump to solution
You are totally correct, just note that attribute type is boolean.
And whenever your host key in UCMDB is defined as " DomainName", corresponding row in CSV file should contain false for host_iscomplete

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
As long as you discover hosts, you need to follow this guideline:
* If your host_key is defined as " DomainName", you should set host_iscomplete to false
* If your host_key is defined as lowest mac address of machine (used as host_key on already created CI), you should set host_iscomplete to true

The same goes for "import from ***" jobs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
hello Alexander,

thanks for your answer, so if I have understood I must add a new column to the csv file with host_iscomplete attribute equal true.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
You are totally correct, just note that attribute type is boolean.
And whenever your host key in UCMDB is defined as " DomainName", corresponding row in CSV file should contain false for host_iscomplete

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Great !!! It works, thank you Alexander, 10 points for you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi GiuBal can you please contact me regarding this. email address is accessible via my profile

thx
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Colin, I don't see any e-mail address on your profile.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
ok, try colinb_69@hotmail.com

i would like to have some correspondence around this post, without clutering up the forum

thx
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi

I am reopening this very old subject to ask about the importing of CSV or XLS to UPDATE massively CIs' attributes. (not create new ones). As I understand this is doable but we need to have a specific format inthe csv or xls with specific attributes as keys

Could you please elaborate a little bit. Lets say for example NODE CIs. I have one attribute that I need to fill for 5000 nodes with different values. (so I cannot perform enrichment because there is no special rule or selecting those CIs) But I will have a filled CSV or XLS with the name of the node and the value of the attribute. How can I make my csv to update those 5K Nodes?

THANK YOU

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

uCMDB 10.22 CUP 5.404

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Found a solution as descibed in the document about IMPORT FROM EXCEL. NodeKey is the key for each CI.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.