Highlighted
Visitor.

UCMDB Integration Service and HA

HI All,

I'm using UCMDB 10.10. From "Data Flow Management Guide":

"Note: The HP UCMDB Integration Service is supported in a standalone UCMDB environment
only."

Does it mean that Integration Service cannot be used if UCMDB is configured in high availability mode (clustered)?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: UCMDB Integration Service and HA

Hi Loga001,

I suspect the note won't have any impact on your plans or capabilities. May I ask you a few simple clarifying question? 

1. Do you intend to use the "non-Jython" version of the Data Flow Probe ie. "Integration Service"?

2. Have you deployed your environment yet or are you desinging for a 10.10 production HA?

This warning doesn't apply to standard deployments of the Data Flow Probe on different systems. The "Integration Service" appears to be the same technology as the remote DFP's. We do not have any 10.10 "Integration Service" environments, so I can't confirm, but the technology was the same as remote probes in other environments. I would almost suspect that the "doesn't work with HA" might be an implied limit becase the "Integration Service" is running on the application instance itself. It writes to the local host. If that local host isn't the writer, it won't work.

In 36 environments I've never worked with a "Integration Service" only use case so I suspect it's a feature to acomodate a very limited scope use case by one or a few customers or HP SAAS.  We have always managed to use distributed DFP's to accomplish whatever use case or integration (Jython or otherwise). Since the "Integration Service" is intended to circumvent the "slow Probe", and we've solved the "slow Probe" behavior, I suspect we never will use it. 

Erik

effectualsystems.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: UCMDB Integration Service and HA

Hi Erik,
The intention is to use integration service to load data from spreadsheet. HA environment is in design phase.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.