Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

UCMDB - Management zone- how to break subnet and add ip address alone

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

i want to break subnet 172.29.50.0/24 in ip probe range and add the following ip's to add as separate ip address in the range.

i want to run management zone discovery for these ip address alone and rest of ip's should not be excluded too.

can you provide solution?

Thanks,

Sada

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB - Management zone- how to break subnet and add ip address alone

Jump to solution

Sada,

IP ranges cannot be broken in a Management Zone.  If you want to break out those specific IP addresses and place them in their own zone, you need to break up the whole IP range at the Data Flow Probe Setup.

In your case, you would likely need to create ranges like:

172.29.50.1 - 172.29.50.17

172.29.50.19 - 172.29.50.118

And so on.  Once you have the whole range broken up like that at the Data Flow Probe Setup level, you can add the appropriate individual IP addresses to one Zone and the other ranges to other Zones as required.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Sada,

IP ranges cannot be broken in a Management Zone.  If you want to break out those specific IP addresses and place them in their own zone, you need to break up the whole IP range at the Data Flow Probe Setup.

In your case, you would likely need to create ranges like:

172.29.50.1 - 172.29.50.17

172.29.50.19 - 172.29.50.118

And so on.  Once you have the whole range broken up like that at the Data Flow Probe Setup level, you can add the appropriate individual IP addresses to one Zone and the other ranges to other Zones as required.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

yes cbowditch, i tried the same method after doing some research on the subnets.

i am able to add the ip's to management zone thru that.

Thanks for the solution

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.