Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

UCMDB Rest API that executes the query stored in CMDB with the given name does not work in v2020.05

Hello,

I have an issue while invoking a REST API endpoint URL in UCMDB v2020.05. I get response code: 400 when invoking:

POST /topology (Executes the query stored in CMDB with the given name.)
chunkSize: 1000
Body: infra_to_infra_relationship_delta

Response:
Error code: Bad Request
{
"error": "An error has occurred. Please consult logs for more details"
}

In the rest-api.log, I see a null pointer exception.
2020-09-12 14:34:39,590 [qtp219099607-29] ERROR Failed to execute query [infra_to_infra_relationship_delta]
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.ucmdb.rest.TopologyController.updateEnumValuesOfCis(TopologyController.java:195)
at com.hp.ucmdb.rest.TopologyController.executeQueryByName(TopologyController.java:63)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor585.invoke(Unknown Source)

Can someone help me out ?

Thanks in advance,
Kartik

@JohnCI 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The NPE error is already fixed for the next release. I suggest to open a support ticket to investigate if there other issues on the backend. Issue may happen if the tql result is chunked and a chunk contains only relationships.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.