Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

UCMDB & SM integration customization

My environment has UCMDB, OM, SM

OM forwards his messages to SM including the FQDN of the server so I see OM FQDN in SM incident affected item field where UD sends only short name of OM server, so SM initiate an error that OM FQDN doesn't exist in CM (because SM has it as short name without the domain part)

so could I force UCMDB to send FQDN of some devices to SM (not the short name only)? and how?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: UCMDB & SM integration customization

Hello,

The integration between SM and uCMDB send the FQDN but as an attribute. You can use that attribute as a key in SM but I don’t think that it would be the best solution. You need to verify with SM group the impact of doing that modification. The integration you are using between OM and SM is the out of the box configuration? Do you have in OM the short name of those CIs?

Regards,

Rosario

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: UCMDB & SM integration customization

Hello,

Thank you for your support.

How can I use that attribute as a key in SM? (please more clearification)

Also as I know, I don't have CI's in OM as a short name.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.