Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

UCMDB SM integration customization

Hi Expects,

I’m using ucmdb 9.03 and I have configured the UCMDB – SM integration to push the switches and routers data from ucmdb to SM.  But during the integration job execution, some of the routers and switches data are not getting populated to SM. When I checked for the reason, the cardinality conditions of the “networkData” tql (Integration->SM sync) are not met for these switches and routers. If I change the cardinality condition, I’m able to push the missing switches and routers data to SM successfully. As modifying the networkData tql this way  may affect the other devices in the integration I tried as follows.

I tried with copying the tql “networkData” to “networkDataNew” and modified the cardinality condition in the “networkDataNew” and then created a new SM integration point using this new “networkDataNew”. It pushed the needed data. But this new tql “networkDataNew” is also using the same “network_data1.xlst” configuration file in the ServiceManagerAdapter7-1. As I need to modify this “network_data1.xlst” also for mapping to new fields, I tried to create a new configuration file like “network_data1.xlst” but I could not do this.

Please assist me what could be the better approach to handle this without affecting the existing integration..

Regards

HR

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: UCMDB SM integration customization

Hello,

Could you please let us know how did you try to create this new configuration file?

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Irina,

Clicked  on the "Create new resouce" icon (yellow star) on the top. then selected "New Configuration File"

But  It gets created under <<No Package>> node instead of "ServiceManager Adapter 7-1". Also it is created with extension .xml instead of .xlst.

Regards

HR

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi HR,

Yes, this is correct. Please note that you can specify the .xlst extension in the Name box (while creating the new Configuration file, just explicitly specify the extension when typing in the name), also, if you click the Browse("...") button on the right hand side of the Package, you can navigate to "ServiceManager Adapter 7-1" folder, then the Configuration file will be created there.

Regards,

Irina  

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Irina,

Thanks a lot for your reply. When I tried by explicitly specifying .xslt extension some time before, it was creating the file with .xml extension even though I specified the .xslt extension. But this time, when I tried the same, it creates with .xslt extension (I wonder why this happens).

But I don't find any Browse("...") button on the right hand side of the Package. So it is getting created under <<No Package>> only.

Please find the attached relevant screenshots for your reference.

Regards

HR

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi HR,

Thank you for the clarification.

After further investigation it appears that this is a limitation in UCMDB 9.03, indeed you can not specify the Package for that Configuration file. This is addressed in the version 9.05 (which I used for testing).

As a  workaround for this issue, you can export the Package (from the Package Manager), put the updated configuration file  in there and then import the package back.

Regards,

Irina

“HP Support

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.