Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB: SOAP API: getFilteredCIsByType and strListConditions

Using SOAP I've got getFilteredCIsByType() working where I've a single filter value per column using 'AND' between filtered columns but I'm trying to figure out how to still use AND for matches between columns, but then using OR for multiple filter values on a single column.

I've tried using strListConditions thinking I can specify a List but I've not found any docs on how to specify >1 value to strListConditions.

Attached is xml1.txt which is working, but I'd like something like attachement xml2.txt where I have AND for ALL columns but within a single column it is OR. So for column 'os_description' I want a CI returned if either 'aix_version_6.1' OR 'aix_version_7.1' matches.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: SOAP API: getFilteredCIsByType and strListConditions

Hello Tait,

Please go to the DeveloperReferenceGuide Chapter11:HPUniversalCMDBWebServiceAPI . This guide provide us all the information about the "getFilteredCIsByType" with some examples that might help you .

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I've spent hours looking at that very document and it doesn't at all talk about the SOAP interface nor how to do things in SOAP. And as for examples, all web examples are all written in Java which doesn't help any at all since most SOAP tools (I've seen/worked with) are not going to use Java. If a person is using Java they will use the Java API and not the Web API.

Personally I've found the Web examples to be 100% useless since they don't at all show any of the SOAP interfaces. On site we have 2 people trying to use the API (me in Perl and the other person in PowerShell) and the examples have not helped either of us. 

As a specific example, in the Jave Web example in file 'WebServAPI_QueryExample.html' it shows setting the query type='anyType' but whenever I've tried using that in an actual SOAP request it always returns an error about an unknown type.

It would be VERY VERY helpful if the Web examples were written in something other than Java (Perl, PowerShell, Python, something else)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Tait,

this is ER and already RnD is working on it:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1418337

Let me know, if this helps you.

Thanks,

Yilmaz

UCMDB support engineer 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The article was submitted 4 years ago and updated 2 years ago with 'deferred'. So no update beyond this? 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.