Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB Security/Audit questions

We are currently trying to prove UD/UCMDB to an important customer who are extremely security conscious. We have a few queries outstanding that we need answers to before we get customer agreement and sign-off. They are:

1. The ‘qtp’ references found in the log files are these related to quality center qtp? What are the purpose of these references?

2. When using the ‘search export’ functionality (xls, csv) is this action logged? (we cannot find it)

3. When generating and exporting reports from report manager are these actions logged? (we cannot find it)

P.S. This thread has been moved from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum.
-HP Forum Moderator

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB Security/Audit questions

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Personally I would be interested in seeing the kind of answers that come up for this question.

At least for me personally it's an interesting topic, seeing as this kind of question pops up frequently during preliminary talks with security focused customer organizations.

Just my 2 cents.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Good day

Most of the audit information will be in the "cmdb.api.audit.detailed.log"

e.g running a report will generate the following

[qtp1953711914-63] - Request [GetQueryDefinition, 2116802108, Session{sessionId='3160', username='UISysadmin', tenantname='null', customerId=1, id name: Default Client, clientAddr='local', lastUsedInMillis=1380610263250}, logged in user: sysadmin], Input:
queryName: AssetReport

I dont have access to a system now to test the rest but all the information would be in that log I suppose

What is the reason for wanting to audit this information, if you could give a brief description of your/client concern that would be great as we have not had a request fo rthis information yet

Thanks & Regards

Mario Morelli

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.