Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

UCMDB Server Configuration Multi-Tenancy Error

uCMDB 10.01 fresh install on RHEL 6.5.  Oracle 11g RAC DB (remote) with DBA-created schema.

I am trying to make sense of the following error presented by the configuration wizard:

Window Title: Error
Message: "There is a none empty schema that doesn't contain multi.tenancy.enable parameter - This is no allowed!" (sic)
Buttons: Close, Details
Details:
--- begin ---
java.lang.RuntimeException: This is a none empty schema that doesn't contain multi.tenancy.enable parameter - This is no allowed!
at com.hp.config_wizard.backend.api.ConfWizServerAPI.createOrConnectSchemas(ConfWizServerAPI.java:72)
at com.hp.config_wizard.ui.frame.CreateSchemas.onFinish(CreateSchemas.java:240)

I cannot even select the "Enable Multi-Tenancy" option, though so far as I know we are not using the feature.  This dev instance of uCMDB has its own DB.

I cannot tell if the error is saying the option muti.tenancy.enable is undefined or if it is incorrectly defined.

What I can tell is that I cannot move past this point using the wizard.  There are other ways, of course, but since a wizard is supposed to wiz its way past all these things and hopefully do so using proper and clear grammar I thought I should ask.

Thanks!

Scot Harkins

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB Server Configuration Multi-Tenancy Error

Hi Scot,

The error message encountered could be due to the user not having sufficient account permissions.

Can you ensure this is not the case, you may refer to our HP UCMDB Database guide page #41 to confirm the proper accts rights have been assigned to these user(s) accounts.

Regards,

Ana Acosta-Diaz

"HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UCMDB Server Configuration Multi-Tenancy Error

Hi Scot,

Could you please detail how the schema was created? Does it contain any tables?

Try using the wizard with an empty schema.

The wizard expects the multi tenancy  option to be defined (in the database) but it is not found.

Regards,

Bianca

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.