Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

UCMDB / Service Manager adapter and duplicates

Hello,

we are using UCMDB 10.31, HP SM 9.41 and the "normal" Service Manager adapter with logical name solution.

We have several push issues, and I don't know, how to handle them. We have 3 environments, dev, integration and production. Normally we are developing the adapter in our dev environment and after that, we are importing the adapter into the integration environment.

We have this kind of issues:

a. If we delete the integration point and recreate it, we are getting duplication errors, during the next full sync. This seems to be logical correctly, because we already pushed them with the former integration point. Unfortunately the  adapter can't handle it (it is producing errors).  A recreation of the integration point leads to a new mapping table in the database. All former push activities were lost and that leads to the duplicate errors. 

Has anybody a solution for that problem ? I mean a solution, where I don't have to delete the CIs in the service manager.

b. If I don't recreate the integration point, can I import the new adapter package and all changes would be considered during the next push?

c. Is there a possibility to import the UCMDB job settings from our dev environment into our integration environment without recreating the whole integration point ?

d. Sometimes it is possible to make a full sync without failures, sometimes not. Is it ever planned in the system to make several times a full sync, or is that forbidden ? What else do I have to do, if I like to do a full sync again ?

e. How are other customers do their adapter development ? I don't think, that everbody is developing in the production system ....

f. Can anybody share his experience with the Service Manager adapter ? Does it make sense to use the enhanced Service Manager adapter ?

Because there isn't enough HP documentation available, I would be happy, if somebody likes to answer 🙂

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UCMDB / Service Manager adapter and duplicates

Hello ,

We hope you are doing great !

We suggest to create a support ticket to receive a complete support and a deep investigation depending of your environment .

Best Regards,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hello Melissa,

I already opened a ticket, but the answer from HP support is not really helpful.

They suggest to delete all the things in the service manager, which was transported via the UCMDB adapter.

I think they ignore, that I can't do that in the system, especially if I have the problem in my production environment.

Additional I like to know, how other companies are handling this problem.

Regards

Achim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

a. There are several approaches. The easiest one is to remove all ucmdbid's from the SM CIs before you push. If there is no ucmdb id, it will try to reconcile against the name. Alternatively, you can update the reconciliation process in SM to always ignore the ucmdb ID and always only use the logical name (this is my preferred solution, as it fits in a fully automated approach, but has more impact in terms of testing).

b. No.

c. No.

d. Full Sync should always work well. Can you share the kind of erros you encouter?

e. Uhm. "No comment"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.