Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB-Servicenow Integration using web service import set to update CIs in Servicenow

Hi,
Working on UCMDB10.22 and Servicenow Helsinki .

In servicenow , some CIs were exist from SCCM and same need to be updated from UCMDB CIs. Same is done by web service import set from Service now. I am able to update it using globalid field as unique at servicenow side but I can push the CIs once only . Second push does not update the CIs and there is error message in logs as sys_id doesnot available in UCMDB. But OOb push job to cmdb_ci_win_server table is able to update CIs second time.

Please let me know how to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UCMDB-Servicenow Integration using web service import set to update CIs in Servicenow

Hi Nick, 

please provide CUP version and CP release. There were some fixes on the latest ones.

Keep in mind that most of the times the it was just a matter of rebuilding the SNOW jar file for cmdb_ci_win_server or the problematic CIT.

It may be just an issue of 'decrypting' the available documentation.

Kind regards,

Bogdan

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB-Servicenow Integration using web service import set to update CIs in Servicenow

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I wonder how it was able to push the CIs first time and reconciled with existing one but unable to push same CIs second time.

For your reference I have attached log snapshot here. Please refer u_test table created for web service import set . I will share CP and CUP details once I receive the same.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

From the screenshot provided it fails in pushToServiceno.py line 277 and the error is handled in

SNWebServiceAction.setSys_id(serviceNowId)
logger.debug('Begin do updating...')
try:
stub.update(SNWebServiceAction)
except:
# raise Exception('[processCIs:update] Error connecting to Service-Now while processing CIT <%s>' % table_name)
logger.warn('[processCIs:update] Error to update Service-Now while processing CIT <%s>' % table_name)
logger.debug('Done updating.') 

It tries to update the sys_id, I would suspect a failure in connecting to that specific table (u_test) in order to do the update action.

Again, it's very important to know the server and CP versions, behavor may be different between releases.

Kind regards,

Bogdan

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Please find CP and CUP details as below.

CUP- HP CMDB 10.22. CUP2.327

CP-20.00.78

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

are you pushing the CIs not to base tables of the service now, and secondary tables.

The base tables of the servicenow only give the sysIds back and the other tabels dont provide the same and hence you see this problem.

Are you using the enahnaced adatper which is part of the latest CP and check the same.

The present adatper expects to have sys_id back from the service now without that, it will fail to update the existing CIs and it will create new Cis into the service now , every time you run the sync.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Thanks for the replay. I try to upgrade the UCMDB and check the result.

I will update you accordingly.

Regards,

Nick

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.