UCMDB Support Tip: Can one export and import users and roles from one UCMDB server to another
UCMDB 10.x versions
How to export and import users and roles in UCMDB 10.x.
- Go to Administration, Package Manager
- Click on * to create a new package
- Enter name etc, then go to the page where you can check and uncheck the resources you would like to put in the package, check the users and the roles.
- Create the Users package on the UCMDB 10.x version
- Export the package to zip file
- Go to the other UCMDB server Import the users package to the new UCMDB as a package from Package manager
A custom package containing the user and role and export the package to the required location.
The package must contain the selected user, the roles that are assigned to them, and also the roles assignments (the association between a user and a role).
Select each of these entities in the Resource Selection tab of the Edit Package dialog box, under Administration.
When the Role Assignments is selected in the left pane, all available combinations of user and assigned roles are displayed in the right pane. If a user has more than one role assigned, you must include each role and each role assignment in the package, to retain the user's permissions.
If the users and the roles already exist on the target UCMDB instance, you can export a package containing only the relevant roles assignments.
UCMDB 9.05 version
How to export and import users and roles in UCMDB in 9.x
- Use the function "Mbean: UCMDB:service=Security Services. Method: exportAllUsers" from the jmx-console must be used in order to export all the users.
- A username and the password of the custom user and the path needs to be entered to trigger the function.
- Afterwards the result "users" and "acl" folders must be packed into a zip file which will be deployed in the other ucmdb instance.
- The same action needs to be performed to export the Roles, by using the exportAclController function from the JMX Console.
(http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=UCMDB:service=SecurityServices#exportAclController ) Data is added right after package deployment.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'