UCMDB Support Tip: How a probe is selected to run a trigger according to the adapter’s input CI type
- Trigger CI type is ip address: simply take the probe from the ip_probename attribute.
- Trigger CI type is running_sofware: probe is chosen according to the following running software attributes:
- Application_ip_domain (Simply check in the DomainScopeDocument which probe in the domain contains the application_ip in its range).
- Trigger CI type is node: One of the IPs connected to the node will be chosen, and its ip_probename property will define the probe (exception: if the node has UD agent connected to it, the probe will be calculated from it like RSW – starting from version 10.0).
- Other CI types: we recursively search a node using composition links, and then taking the ip from the related ip address.
- If ‘override probe selection’ is defined for the adapter, these rules won’t be applied and the probe will be calculated from there.
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'