UCMDB Support Tip: How to Export and Import data in uCMDB
Export using JMX Console to xml and import data using deploy package zip file.
Preparation before the export
- Choose the TQL you want to export data
- Modify each CI attributes in TQL. Select the CI Type (e.g. Node) -> right click -> Query Node Properties -> Element Layout tab -> Select attributes for layout
3. Modify the TQL Query Definition Properties:
Click the Query Definition Properties button, update the Priority to Low or Medium level
4. Save the changes on the TQL
Export data into xml using JMX Console
- Navigate to UCMDB home page (http://xx.x.x:8080) choose JMX Console, and use U/P: sysadmin/sysadmin to login -> choose UCMDB:service=TQL Services
- Invoke retrieve TqlResult
- Customer ID
- PatternName (Query name in Modeling Studio)
- maxGraphSize (3000)
- format (graph)
3. Save the result into a XML file (eg.xmlmodel.xml)
4. Put XML file to datamodel folder and zip folder to ZIP file (eg.xmlmodelpkg.zip)
Import data using deploy package
- Go to Administration -> Package Manager
- Click deploy packages to server (from local disk) icon, then add package zip from local disk. Click the choose package, then you will see the detail resource info.
- Click deploy.
Alternative places to import XML data
- Navigate to Modeling -> Modeling Studio, in Resource tab, you can find Import From XML icon to import TQL xml
- Navigate to Modeling -> CI Type Manager, you can find Import From XML icon to import data xml
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'