Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

(UCMDB) Support Tip – How to discover Is_Virtual field in UCMDB

Topic

How to discover Is_Virtual field in HP UCMDB

Response

node is virtual field is available in UCMDB , while only several jobs can discover the value such as Virtualization jobs , and Inventory discovery by scanner job. Jobs like Host connection , Host application and resources are not able to collect that information . all servers discovered by Virtualization jobs will have this field set to true . Inventory discovery by scanner job can set the value to true or false , depending on whether the value of hwVirtualMachineType can be found from the scanfile. if there is hwVirtualMachineType in scan file , then the field will be set to 'true' . otherwise, it's 'false' .

MICRO FOCUS Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please hit the Kudo botton, if you find this post useful.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: (UCMDB) Support Tip – How to discover Is_Virtual field in UCMDB

Hi, 

Thanks for the post in my environment i can see that for some server i am not able to find the value of NODE IS Virtual,

where should i check the scan file for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: (UCMDB) Support Tip – How to discover Is_Virtual field in UCMDB

From Micro Focus Support also

“Regarding  IsVirtual attributes. It will set to true if the Node Role contains this definition:

VIRTUAL = RoleDefinition("virtualized_system", 'host_isvirtual')”

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.