(UCMDB) Support Tip – Recommended Monthly UCMDB maintenance
1. Run exportDiscoveryProcessingStatisticsToExcel method from JMX Console.
This method will generate an excel file which contains information about the Data-In actions.
This file is also color coded and the customer can identify the slow jobs.
2. Check Database guide in order to find the index fragmentation percentage.
If the percentage is greater than 10%, the RebuildIndexes method from DAL Services should be executed.
3. Run the findUnboundHistoryTables method in JMX Console.
The optimal result should be less than 100 tables. If the result is greater than 100, the deleteUnboundHistoryTables method should be executed.
4. Run monthly reindexCiType method from JMX Console for the most used CiTypes (the ones with the most changes)
5. Check the last days’ history in cmdb.dal.slow.log for database operation duration.
The optimal situation is where the customer has 1 query/day with duration greater than 5 seconds.
If there are more queries with execution greater than 5 seconds, then DB slowness investigation should be conducted.
6. Generate CI Change Report (OOTB report in UI) and check for flipping data
The same attribute of a ci is being updated with different values, by different discovery jobs every time the jobs are running.
In this case open a support case mentioning communication log (with results included) for each of the jobs implied in the flipping data issues and the support will check if this is reproducible in the latest Content Pack,
If so, it will be moved to R&D for a patch.
7. Check for Memory dumps in \bin directory on Server and Probes side and if these files exists, these memory issues should be investigated (for 10.22 in jvm statistics log the non-heap value of metaspace it’s not correctly displayed. This issue was fixed in 10.30)
8. Run findBrokenLinks method in JMX Console
If this method brings result, the deleteBrokenLinks method should be executed, in order for those links to be deleted.