UCMDB Tip: Can the scanner-based inventory be executed under the user account enabled for sudo?
If Universal Discovery is used to run scanner-based inventory (through the Inventory Discovery activity or directly via the Inventory Discovery by Scanner) and SSH agentless protocol or UD protocol is used to drive the discovery, the scanners can be run under sudo.
Please note that the SSH credential should be configured as follows:
- In the Privileged Command Execution Properties area, Policy should be set to "Sudo-like", Mode to "Sudo"
- In the "Sudo paths" field, make sure to include the full path to the sudo command on the remote machine. If the path is different on different computers/operating systems, you should provide multiple paths, separated by commas.
- Add nohup to the list of commands that need to be run via sudo in the "Command List" field
Please note that the Universal Discovery protocol should be configured as follows:
- In the "Sudo paths" field, ensure that the sudo paths defined for the SSH protocol above are also included.
- In the sudo commands field, make sure that the sudo commands defined for the SSH protocol above are also included.
- Please make sure that nohup is added to the list of commands.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'