UCMDB Tip: How to add user-defined rules to the UD Rules engine
All discovery jobs use the Discovery Rules engine. OOTB rules are applied to data that can be completed by the discovery jobs (sys_object_id, mac_address etc.). Moreover, you can add user-defined rules to the Discovery Rules engine.
If you would like to add your own rules, you can follow the steps below:
1. Go to Adapter Management.
2. Click the New icon and from the drop-down menu that appears select New Configuration File.
3. Enter a name in the name field
4. The name must begin with “ruleEngine/” and end with “.xml”.
5. Select “NormalizationRules” from the list of packages and click OK
6. In the Editor pane that opens on the right, enter the new rule. An example of valid rules can be found under NormalizationRules > Configuration Files, in ruleEngine/samples.xml.
5. Click OK.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'