UCMDB Tip : Universal CMDB cannot discover Microsoft SQL 2005 servers
During discovery, the following errors will be logged in the communication log on the UCMDB server during discovery of Microsoft SQL 2005 Servers with SSL enabled :
SQL: Internal error. Details: I/O Error: DB server closed connection.
SQL: Connection refused. Details: I/O Error: Connection reset
There is a security hole called the "BEAST attack" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security#BEAST_attack
Oracle has fixed the issue after Java 7.0.0_1. Microsoft has fixed the issue after SQL Server 2008 R2.
However, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 won’t work with the fixed Java code. Microsoft has detailed explanation for the issue in the references below:
Microsoft has provided several possible solutions for customer's in link
1. Upgrade to a SQL Server version that contains our enhancement
2. Use Oracle Java 6 update 27 or lower (or another JVM version that does not contain the BEAST change)
3. Disable the BEAST change in the JVM (consult your JVM vendor for details)
4. Prefer RC4 cipher suites via Windows Schannel
There is a switch to disable the BEAST change in JDK according to the link
Below are the steps to make the change for this solution in the UCMDB Probe:
1. Add the line below in Probe_ROOT\bin\wrapper-platform.conf:
2. Restart Data flow probe service.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Click the KUDOS star to say 'Thanks'