Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB Touching Mechanism

Hi,

We have uCMDB 8.02 installed on Windows platform in production and development environment.

In dev region, last access time is getting updated properly for the CIs. If run a TQL for this it, I see little variance in the numbers for CIs. But in production region, the number of CIs' last access time getting updated is not regular.

The condtion in the query is "last access time >= date passed as parameter". I change the date to see the count. In production today it might be 10, some 6-7 days back it could be 800.

How can troubleshoot the batch job which updates last access time. What are the log files involved in this.

Suggestions please!
Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Vatsalya

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Application Perf Mgmt (BAC / BSM) Support and News Forum to CMS and Discovery Support and News Forum. - Hp forum Moderator

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

My opinion is don't try to debug this "last access time", but spend more time trying to understand why the CI isn't discovered by the probe. The "last access time" is done by the reconciliation engine of uCMDB, therefore you don't have access to it as a normal administrator.

Anyway, let's refocus: take the example of one CI which has the problem. Try to redicover it and see if you have any errors with it.

Regards,
Olivier Lauret
EOH Europe
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the reply.

I think the CIs are all getting discovered fine. The issuse is their last access time is not getting updated daily in the production region. The same is working fine in lower region.

Last access time is updated either by the discovery probe if there is some change in the attributes of the CIs or by touching mechanism. Since the changes in CIs not very frequent last access time is not updated by the probe frequently.

For enabling aging mechanism, touching mechansim should work properly otherwise CIs would abnormally become candidate for deletion.

Regards,
Vatsalya
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vatsalya,

Unfortunately, you can't have a "I think" here, you have to be sure. Check that the CI is discovered correctly. Once again, it's not the probe who change the last access date but the uCMDB server. Therefore, if the probe doesn't send the CI to the server, the last access time can't be changed.

Regards,
Olivier Lauret
EOH Europe
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.