Highlighted
Visitor.

UCMDB and SM integration

We have done uCMDB and SM integration. 
Scenerio: 

TQL: Location is related( Composition) to Router 

I have created this custom relationship, the query result is also success, but in SM i am getting only the router attributes pushed, i need location attributes also to be pushed. 
The integration job is success with only router attributes being populated. 
In ucmdb i have Location as one CIT and Router as another CIT. 
But in SM, they just have Router CIT with all attributes of router and location. 
How to include 2 CITs attributes in uCMDB result into 1 CITs attributes mapping in SM. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: UCMDB and SM integration

Please go over Chapter 3 Tailoring the integration of "HP Universal CMDB to HP Service Manager Integration Guide" at http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM916129.

Please specifically check step by step guide on p. 67.

Hope this helps.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB and SM integration

Sree,

If you take a look at the OTB TQL for the SM adapter in uCMDB, the relationship it's looking for is Location--Membership-->Node (Root), did you modify this TQL or create your own for the push that defines the custom relationship? A better question is why are you creating your own custom relationship when the ITIL-defined one will not only relate the location and router but will also allow you to use the OTB adapter to achieve your goals w/ little to no customization?

If you must use your own TQL, are you defining it in the adapter? Otherwise you are using the OTB adapter TQL which does not match your custom relationship and will not reflect the relationship between those CIs in SM. Also, have you looked at the .xslt files to see if the attributes that you are interested in are mapped the the corresponding WSDL objects in SM? W/O a direct map of uCMDB attribute string to SM field/value the attributes will not make it into SM. I'm fairly sure even the OTB adapter doesn't map EVERY attribute field.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.