Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB enrichment ruie

Hi guys,

We are using ucmdb 10.21. I am looking for solution for this:

For every computer CI which has attribute OS Description with value win_xp change attribute OS Name value (this is our customized attribute) from AIX to Windows XP.

I suppose I should use enrichment rule somehow, but I cannot figure how. Solution is pretty usefull because it gives the answer on question: How to change one attribute values based on another attribute value?

Thnx in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: UCMDB enrichment ruie

Hi,

Me again. 🙂 I just created enrichment rule shown in the attached pictures.

enrichment rule:

Action: Update
Set Attributes:
       OS Name = Windows XP

and Attributes:

OS Name Equal AIX
AND OsDescription Equal win_xp

Calculate Query result counting shows me a lot computers. It looks fine, but is it ok? I am affraid of making some mess... Is there any way to test rule before actually applied?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Well, I forgot pictures...

Sorry about that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

So your enrichment as it is set right now will overwrite all Computer CI's in the database that have an the attribute TS OS name equaling AIX AND the OsDescription equaling win_xp. It will take all off those Computer CI’s that match the condition and update the TS OS Name attribute on each to Windows XP. If that is your intention then you are looking good.

Now you can’t really run a test but what you can do is reduce the scope of your query in the enrichment. If you go back to the query node properties of the Computer CI there is a tab called identity. There you can select just one of the CI’s that match the condition, move one over and hit ok. Hit the calculate button and now the result should just be one. Save the enrichment and set it to active, once it has run you can look at the properties of the selected CI you ran it against and ensure it is populated as you wish. If it looks good run it against the full query result.

If this is a one time fix then it is fine but if not you need to look at the root cause of why this attribute is being populated incorrectly originally. Also try to never leave enrichments as active.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.