Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..
108 views

UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

we are trying to reindex a citype. 

Problem:On invocation, it shows success=true, but progress does not begin at all, it stands at 0% throughout.

This is not the case with other ci types.

We also tried full reindex, it completed for 94%. I am assuming the citype mentioned above must have not been indexed as remaining 6%.

I do not see any documentation on troubleshooting.

Can someone shed some insights on this please?

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

What's the failing CIT name?
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

It is a custom CIT, account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

Did you properly followed the documentation for this CIT?
https://docs.microfocus.com/UCMDB/2018.05/ucmdb-docs/docs/eng/doc_lib/Content/admin/UCMDBBrowser_t_useCustomAttributesInSearch.htm
Is it properly defined in indexerConfiguration?
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

yes John. I did go through this.

 

I see the citype listed in the indexerconfiguration.

There is one doubt though, how to decide which attributes to be listed there?

I do see that the key attribute for this citype is not listed in the indexerconfiguration but could not decide if that is what needs to be added.

 

Would you be able to please confirm how this entire thing works?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

also, there are two attributes listed in the indexer configuration for this citype.

Do you know if the key attribute listing in the indexer configuration is mandatory?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

First of all you should avoid the attributes which will be indexed anyway by all the parents of your custom CIT.
The attributes unique to this custom CIT should be considered as valid attributes to be indexed.
This is relevant information and you should have mentioned it first.
Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

yes John,the attributes that are listed already are unique to this citype but not marked as key attribute.

If I understand you correctly, I should go ahead and add the key attribute? By key attribute, I mean the attribute used for identification. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

hi John,

I have added the unique attribute now but it still fails to progress.

Any suggesstions please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

Try to move the search log on debug and run reindex only for that CIT with the JMX method reindexCiType

 

Maybe the log will reveal some new information.

 

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan
EMEA CMS Technical Success
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Re: UCMDB: jmx-console- reindexcitype() does not complete

Thanks John, Have reproduced with DEBUG enabled. Will go through the logs and update you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.