Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

UCMDB .py script - Is there a easy way to know the current job status that will be reported

Hi, is there a way to know if my current discovery will report as "Succes/Warning/Error" from a .py script?

In my case, i want to know at the end of HostApplicationByShell (in TTY_HR_Main.py) if i'm going to finish in succed to put something in my node. Something like storing in my node : lastSuccesDate, lastWarningDate and lastErrorDate.

Many warning/error are not in the 2 globals try/catch at the end, and i don't want to put flags everywhere in every try/catch.

Would like to know if can access the status from the Framework variable or something like that.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: UCMDB .py script - Is there a easy way to know the current job status that will be reported

No, you can't.

Jython scripts will execute on probe side and some UI discovery statistics refer to the overall discovery flow.

If the reconciliation process will fail for the CIs in OSHV then you may have a warning which is indenpendent to the Jython scripts because recon happens on server side.

Kind regards,
Bogdan Mureșan

EMEA Technical Success
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.