Highlighted
New Member.

UCMDB service now integration job fails: error Query result exceeded size limit

Hi,

We have integrtaed HPUCMDB 10.32 with Service now Helsinki instance using SNOW genreic integration adapter.  We have tested the OOTB push job from ucmd and it works fine. However when we create a new/custom integration job and run, it fails with the error:  (Attachement has detailed error and logs)

"Query result exceeded size limit
Please refine your query.
Cause: Too many objects visited by DFS
Size limit: igonoring u_ucmdb_integ_ci_my_computer RTN tree because if invalid key"

We also tried creating new CI type and added couple of attributes on ucmdb side. Created the target table in SNOW and also the transform maps to match the new CI and attributes created on ucmdb side. Created a new TQL query.  After running the job we are getting the same error as above.

Already tried the below steps which I found on google, it dint help

Go to "<uCMDBinstallLocation>\UCMDBServer\conf"  

Edit file "settings.override". In this file append text as below (or if dal.object.condition.max.result.size already there, increase its size as required):
dal.object.condition.max.result.size=SomeX 

>>>> We have limited the TQL query to one root element and another CI with 2 attributes to confirm if the issue is not cos of too many CI instances in the query. Its giving the same issue.

If someone has any idea about the issue or have come accross it please suggest the resolution.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: UCMDB service now integration job fails: error Query result exceeded size limit

Hi,

Have you been able to solve this issue? I am having the same issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: UCMDB service now integration job fails: error Query result exceeded size limit

We resolved this issue by changing element layout in query.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello

When you stated, you changed the element layout, are you referring to selecting a few attributes, All attributes or nothing?

I have tried many options as well as using just the Global ID and Name but no luck. I keep getting the below error messages

Query result exceeded size limit.
Cause: Sort objects by condition.
Size limit: 71

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I suspect you are using the SOAP connector instead of REST. Ignore the misinformation, where the documentation states that SOAP is faster and change adapter.properties to:

# the external connector class
connector.class=com.hpe.ucmdb.adapters.snow.connector.ServiceNowRestConnector
push.connector.class=com.hpe.ucmdb.adapters.snow.connector.ServiceNowRestConnector

Cheers,

Petko Popadiyski

Freelance Microfocus CMS UCMDB Consulting

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello guys,

we face the same problem in push integration between UCMDB v11 and SM9.41 For some CIs the job fails with error

Query result exceeded size limit.
Cause: Sort objects by condition.
Size limit: 71

We use ServiceManagerAdapter9-41. Any idea or tip how to hande this ? 

Thank you

I. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ivan,

from my experience these type of errors hardly have something related with the actual query size. But what I would do for any integration related problem is to raise the debugging of the integration, check the API calls to SM, check the return codes, see the differences between query with this warning/error and without an error, limit the submission to only few CIs by adding property condition, etc. It is a lot of experimentation involved because the support is often slow and drags you forever.

Petko

Likes are appreciated!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.