Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

UCMDB to SM population

The out-of-box integration between ucmdb and sm don´t populate installed_software CIs for hosts CIs.

It is a very common approach use UCMDB to store all devices, I mean, network devices, servers and desktops.

But, as the integration between UCMDB and SM don´t populate installed_software CIs, I have to create it by myself. Doesn´t make sense once I have all those CIs at UCMDB, develope another integration to send them to SM.

Remember that installed_software CIs is very importante at SM in change and license accounting management.

Could you deliver a content pack including those xml mapping files, as at service manager side the webservice is already there

thanks

Christian Chambarelli Melo
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: UCMDB to SM population

Hello Christian ,

I hope you are doing well .

I have confirmed that effectively what you are looking for is not available right now.

If you really need this functionality on your system, my suggestion is to submit an ER to seek the possibility to get this function.

Please refer to this link to open this Enhancement request:

https://support.openview.hp.com/enhancement/do/main

Best Regards ,

Melissa Carranza Mejias
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation. “
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: UCMDB to SM population

Dear Christian,

In real life, SM in OOTB configuration is a very rare beast. But please feel free to open support case for enhancement request.

Please check following page for additional info on cofiguration -> http://support.openview.hp.com/sc/solutions/integrations.jsp?intid=692.

Regards
-Dmitry Gomel, PMP
Click the Like button at the bottom to say 'Thanks'.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.