Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

UCMDB update strategies

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm about to address the update of a UCMDB 10.0x to version 10.33. Because of contextual reasons, the server where the current UCMDB is running will be decommissioned. So the top level steps that we are planning to execute are:

1. Perform a fresh install of UCMDB 10.33 in a new server.
  2. Transfer configuration to the UCMDB 10.33.
  3. Configure a connection from the UCMDB 10.0x to the UCMDB 10.33 to transfer the data.
  4. Shut down the UCMDB 10.0x.

Would this be the recommended procedure?

I'm not sure on how to carry out step number 2. As far as I have researched, I should copy configuration files from 10.0x to 10.33. I'm, however, concerned with compatibility issues between both versions.

How should I transfer the configuration from UCMDB 10.0x to 10.33?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: UCMDB update strategies

Jump to solution

Hi

Did you try to clone your UCMDB environment, connect the cloned UCMDB server to the database server.

Upgrade the UCMDB cloned server to version 10.33

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Yasser

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi

Did you try to clone your UCMDB environment, connect the cloned UCMDB server to the database server.

Upgrade the UCMDB cloned server to version 10.33

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Yasser

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply Yasser. I didn't see that option in the first place. I'll take a close look at it.

Best,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.